Saturday, August 31, 2013

Five Dumbest Tweets from Arkansas Razorbacks Fans Today



This is going to be wildly unpopular, but I’m going to do it anyway.

I have perused through mass amounts of Arkansas Razorbacks fan tweets today regarding the Razorbacks opening week 34-14 win over Louisiana-Lafayette and have chosen the five dumbest tweets (plus, one honorable mention and two tweets that I liked). Now, there have probably been over one million tweets today regarding the Arkansas Razorbacks. I obviously can’t read every single one of them – most of them aren’t interesting anyway - so the chances that I’ve actually found the five dumbest tweets are pretty slim, but this is certainly a good sampling.

5. This was one of the BEST Saturdays I've had in a while! The hogs won, I got to eat wings, I got new undies and yoga pants from VS(: (@BbyGrl1024)

My Thoughts: This one’s pretty self-explanatory. A classic example of too much information. Also, doesn’t sound like it takes a whole lot to thrill @BbyGrl1024.

4. ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS SPANKED SOME LOUISIANA A** (@Iam4tography)

My Thoughts: A 20-point win does not qualify for “spanked some ass” territory. You have to win by at least four touchdowns to be in the “spanked some ass” league. Plus, a SEC team (even one that’s predicted to be toward the bottom of the conference) should beat Louisiana-Lafayette by more than 20 points. This wasn’t one of the easier “cupcake” matchups this week, by any means, but it’s still in “cupcake” territory.    

3. Brandon Mitchell broke his foot. Shouldn't have transferred from the hogs (@codyadcock22_)

My Thoughts: Yes, because football players don’t fracture their feet in Fayetteville. Foot fractures in the NCAA only occur in North Carolina.

2. Hogs
down the Cajuns!!!! 34-14 Suck on that @KirkHerbstreit!!! #WPS #NeverYield (@Carter12Chris)

My Thoughts: This was the most popular topic of Hogs fan stupidity today. Apparently on one of the ESPN shows either last night or this morning ESPN college football analyst Kirk Herbstreit (a guy who seems to be well-respected in his business) predicted that Louisiana-Lafayette would upset the Razorbacks. This, of course, did not happen so Razorbacks fans took it upon themselves to taunt, name call and accuse Herbstreit of being bad at his job. Listen up, Hogs fans. Sports analysts get paid a lot of money to make predictions because they know what they are talking about and they use their experience, expertise, mixed in with objectivity to make reasoned predictions or opinions. These guys obviously aren’t always going to be accurate with their predictions. That doesn’t mean that they are bad at their job. That doesn’t mean you get the right to call them names. That doesn’t mean that they should have to apologize to you as a member of the fanbase. You shouldn’t be offended when somebody chooses your favorite sports team to lose. It’s just part of their job. It’s infuriating to read the hatred toward Herbstreit today from Hogs’ fans. I chose this one because it was typical of many of the posts, but the one Hogs fan who suggested that Herbstreit “eat a bag of ‘D’” for his wrong prediction has a special place in my dumbass fan hall of fame.  

1.       Lets get real here. Georgia sucks. Aaron Murray sucks. SEC east sucks. The hogs will go undefeated and win natty champ. (@jtommills_)

My Thoughts: My favorite type of sports fan is the delusional sports fan. All fan bases have them. The Razorbacks seem to stockpile them. This guy is the absolute definition of a delusional sports fan. He claims the Hogs will go undefeated and win the national championship. You can’t even take something that stupid seriously. This guy probably enjoyed one too many beers during the game. Arkansas has a fairly hard schedule this year and is also in basically a rebuilding year. These two aspects lead me to believe that the 2013 Razorbacks are somewhere around a .500 team, probably nothing better or worse. Good luck on that undefeated season and national championship.   

Just Missed: People all hype about Syria, I'm like #WPS (@KramnojRT)

My Thoughts: This guy certainly has his priorities straight. Screw, Syrians being gassed and whether or not the United States might take action and whether or not that action could potentially lead to a World War III scenario … the Hogs is playin’!

Just for good measure I might as well throw in the two best Razorbacks tweets I saw today:

My friend woke up from a coma , the Arkansas Razorbacks won the game , and I got $205 for my birthday. This night can't get better!! (@Madeesooon)

My Thoughts: That does sound like an exceptionally good day.

Fox News is not "fair & balanced". But Razorback Football offense appears to be. #WPS #NeverYield (@WooPigSumo)

My Thoughts: I pretty much like any excuse to bash Fox News and this is one of the more creative ones I’ve seen (though I do think it’s a little too early in the season to be raving about a team’s offense, especially against a Sun Belt team).


No comments:

Post a Comment